The Philoptohos (friends of the poor) of this Parish has been an indispensable part of this Parish and Community since its founding in the mid 1960s.
All the women that have served on this committee have volunteered their time to:
- raise funds to support the Parish financially
- raise funds to support and care for the needier members of the community and those of the wider Australian community
- visit the sick in hospital, in nursing homes and their homes
- raise funds to support St George Public Hospital and many other charitable institutions
- raise funds to support St Andrew’s Greek Orthodox Theological College, our Monasteries and other Church institutions
- clean and maintain the Church
- provide support to the Priest with many other initiatives.
If you would like to help or for more information, contact email@example.com.
See the work of our feeding program on Instagram @saintelesafoodinitiative